11.19.2011

Raspberry Sauce for Pork Roast

I'd better get this up here before I forget. This is a wonderful recipe Ben made for me once and is also the first real food I ate in the first trimester. My stomach and I paid dearly for it afterward...it is that good. I'm just posting the directions for sauce and seasonings.


Raspberry Sauce (over pork)


Pork Rub:
- 1/2 tsp. of each of the following: salt, garlic salt, chili powder
- mix together and rub over meat before cooking (you'll be glad you did)


Sauce:
- 1 C raspberry jelly
- 1 C ketchup
- 2 Tb. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. chili powder


Combine all of the above in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until smooth. (stir often frequently until you get all the lumps out)


You can either brush on some of the sauce for the last 15 minutes if you're roasting, or pour it over the pork for a deliciously fruity gravy. Try other flavors of preserves like plum or apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment