11.07.2011

Accomplishments

Lately I've had quite a bit of time to think. (wallow) While thinking can be great, when left unchecked it can lead  to places that shouldn't be revisited. (middle school...) Sooner or later that kind of aimless wandering into the dark corners of the mind gets downright scary. (time to google pictures of puppies) The time comes when it's do or die, (in middle school - with no puppy) and doing much of anything when you're miserable and pregnant (redundant, no?) is just....hard. So, when there's no one there to deliver the ugly truth, (a mirror) it's time to pull up those big-girl pants (the fuzzy pajama ones) and face it alone. Here's what you do should you ever find yourself as desperate: You say, "Self!" (the mental cracking has begun) "Why not do something about it? You can shower! You can open that terribly difficult cellophane around your Cup'O'Noodles!" And so I did, but I didn't stop there. I decided personal hygiene and preparing simple, prepackaged foods wasn't going to cut it this time around. (but maybe next time) I was tired of staring at my horribly split ends and decided to take action. (dramatic climax?) Not to worry, I've trimmed my own hair a few times before now and it always comes out even. (anti...climax) And it did turn out pretty awesome. So, I guess the moral to this little story would be...um.... (what's a story without a moral, and pictures) Choose to be happy...with what you can manage to do in life...as long as you do your best. (that wasn't slapped together in 5 seconds...no sir)

An illustration. (slapped together in MORE than 5 seconds)

1 comment:

  1. you announced that you cut your own hair but dont want to share pictures of said accomplishment?? I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable. I think on Wednesday afternoon I might be able to come keep you company if you are up for it. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete