11.04.2011

ere-way egnant-pray!

It's official. We're 10 weeks pregnant today! We had our first prenatal visit with our new midwife. (I really like her despite my grumpy attitude about waiting this long to be seen. No worries, I'm generally pretty grumpy about everything at this point.) Although our little baby is only 3.5 cm today we caught a glimpse of what might be in store for us down the road. This little one is a mover and a shaker! During the ultrasound he/she was constantly wriggling around.

The best I could do today is to take a picture with my phone of the ultrasound prints. (I hang my head in shame as a serious amateur photographer.)

The lines at the bottom track the heartbeat. (!!!!!)

Before I was pregnant I used to look at ultrasound pictures the way most people might look at a Picasso. (Head cocked to the side slightly, "Oh...yeah. Cool...baby?") Even though this is one of the more recognizable pictures, the head is in the top-right of the black circle, the hands and feet are the smaller little blobs that don't look connected.

2 comments:

  1. Yea Yea Yea for Ben and Effie...all good things in life are worth waiting for! Trust me I know. Hugs, Steff

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete