12.02.2011

14 weeks

We're at 14 weeks and growing stronger than ever! After losing about 10 pounds in the early weeks of the first trimester I'm happy to report that I've regained almost all of it and don't plan on stopping there. (I still have that 2nd pumpkin cheesecake we made for Thanksgiving to keep me company.)


On November 11th I started a peripheral IV. Ben or I administer all the doses and a nurse comes out every 3-5 days to put a new catheter in my arm. (Super fun!) After seeing my midwife today we decided that 2 more weeks with this thing is a good idea. I'm doing well, but there's a definite risk I could lose all of the progress we've made. I like having the ability to eat, thank you.


I've gotta say, 1 liter of fluids per day plus a syringe of anti-nausea medicine handy is just what this girl needed. Not what I wanted to do...but hey, lesson 1 for this mom-to-be was that needs and wants don't come packaged together. An old lesson needing to be relearned apparently! Take last night for example...I definitely wanted that huge piece of peach-on-the-bottom cake with a big scoop of ice cream on the side. I am here today to tell you, it's not what I needed. At least, not after an entire bowl of beef stew and all of the elote (mexican style corn, delicious!) that Ben made for us to share. Just call me the hungry, hungry caterpillar...stomachache and all.


Stay tuned, on December 16th (16 weeks) Ben and I go back to the midwife to find out if we're having a boy or girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment