7.06.2012

Happy Birthday America!

This Independence Day, Porter and I joined the Despain family for an all day picnic at the park. We staked out an excellent spot to watch the fireworks in Clearfield, UT. I can only guess, but I'd say there were thousands of people that came from all over to watch this top-notch display. I enjoyed the oldies cover band, grilled hot dogs, Jones sodas, and of course; hanging out with my little man. Porter enjoyed...a nap. A very long and peaceful nap. It never ceases to amaze me what this kid can sleep through.







Here's to:
this great country,
soldiers at home and abroad that get it done,
a Heavenly Father who makes it possible,
friends,
family,
and days like this that make it all worthwhile.
(oh, let's not forget that grand tradition of blowing stuff up. Here's to that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment