1.14.2012

P52: W2 {Made With Love}

It was not easy to get the creative juices flowing for this week's Project 52 theme, Made With Love. My brainstorming in a nutshell: "Made With Love". Babies. Pregnant belly. Hands making a heart in front of pregnant belly. (There was a moment where I considered this original.) I couldn't bring myself to seriously consider doing a food item.

There are other kinds of love; think brain, think!

You know what true, non-romantic, love is? Ben and airplanes. And that brings me to this week's photo.


Ben picked up this particular hobby long before I met him and he has a passion for it to this day that I'm sure will be passed down. Of course, the typical airplanes he builds are bigger, shinier, and more expensive. This particular creation came out of pure need to make something with a propeller and wings. He cut the strips of balsa wood himself out of scraps he saved from another project. The rest is from around the house (including my jewelry supplies). 


I used to complain about how much his hobby stuff sprawled all over the house, how much time it consumed, and how much I really didn't want to hear about the intricacies of building and flying. (Still don't understand it, but I like to hear about it.) Now, I just sit and bask in the pure and simple joy that radiates off of him when he's in the zone. It is truly something to behold.

2 comments:

  1. I too struggled with the topic. If I posted a picture of the kids they would all freak and gag and make a fuss (teens can be a real pain sometimes) and be totally embarrassed by it. I'm trying not to bake, meals are on the table and eaten in a matter of moments when we are trying to maintain family meal times with 9 competing schedules.

    The meticulous care he put into this plane shines from it and I love that you support him in his passions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the airplane! And your creativity. Here's to messy houses that shelter happy loved ones....

    ReplyDelete